Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Lighthouse - Alison Moore

The Lighthouse
A very lucid novel with a suspense in the end which just lets your imagination go wild........what will happen to Futh? When the bathroom door opens, will Bertrand find him, or will Ester, or will Futh assert himself.......

I was initially attracted to the minute details that were described........food on a plate, on someone's face......the missing mother...the scents and aromas of coffee, of violets. The young Futh and his neighbor Kenny.......the adult Futh and the relationship with his wife Angela, the ever present Dad and the acute loss that Futh feels for his mother who abandoned him.....make up the running theme in the entire book. 

Tautly written, I felt I was reading a murder mystery and wanted to make sure I remembered all the details given.....just in case I was called to solve the mystery....

No comments: